- Status in VT: Decreased by 3% (163 to 158 blocks). Greatest decrease (25%) in Northeastern Highlands.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S5B
- Other atlases: NY: no change; PA: 8%; ON: no sig. change
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Minimal change. Potential threats: loss of early-successional habitat (e.g., channelization of streams); loss of wooded riparian habitats.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:Maintain linkages among suitable habitat patches; forestry practices that provide combination cover types and timber size classes, particularly along streams/rivers/other water bodies.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds