- Status in VT: Decreased by 52% (65 to 31 blocks). Greatest decrease in Northern Vermont Piedmont.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S4B
- Other atlases: NY: -7%; PA: 45%; ON: no overall change
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is at the northeastern edge of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Decline in forest edge habitat due to maturation of VT forests (?).
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:Conduct research on relationship of habitat patch size and distribution to density and demographics of Yellow-throated Vireo.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds