- Status in VT: Decreased by 2% (154 to 151 blocks). Decreases in Southern Vermont Piedmont and Taconic Mountains.
- Data from other research: FBMP: no sig. trend
- Conservation status: State rank S5B
- Other atlases: NY: 35%; PA: 181%; ON: 11%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Minimal change.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:Continued monitoring via multi-species programs to track potential effects of habitat changes in boreal forest.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds