- Status in VT: Very rare breeder. Three and two Possible records were reported in the first and second atlases, respectively.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: Not ranked.
- Other atlases: NY: -78%; PA: -35%; MD: -19%; ON: -86%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is disjunct from the breeding range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Population decline throughout the Northeast due to maturation of early-successional habitats (?).
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds