- Status in VT: Increased by 13% (24 to 27 blocks). Greatest increase in Southern Vermont Piedmont.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S3B
- Other atlases: NY: 3%; PA: 43%; MD: no change
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is at the northeastern edge of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas:Fluctuation in tent caterpillar outbreaks (?).
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds