- Status in VT: Decreased by 38% (39 to 24 blocks). Greatest decrease in blocks in Southern Green Mountains.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S3B
- Other atlases: NY: 42%; PA: 31%; ON: occurrence doubled.
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is in the southern edge of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Unknown. Potential threats: habitat alteration from climate change; mountaintop developments; loss of habitat on wintering grounds.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: Targeted monitoring to ascertain whether trends in VT differ from those elsewhere in the region.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds