- Status in VT: Increased by 23% (128 to 157 blocks). Greatest increase in blocks in Champlain Valley.
- Data from other research: FBMP: no sig. trend
- Conservation status: State rank S5B
- Other atlases: NY: 49%; PA: 112%; MD: 47%; ON: 27%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the southeastern edge of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Continued maturation of northeastern forests (?).
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds