- Status in VT: Increased by 68% (47 to 79 blocks). Greatest increase in Taconic Mountains.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S4B
- Other atlases: NY: 36%; PA: 23%; MD: 7%; ON (south): 79%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas:Underestimation in first Atlas (?).
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds