- Status in VT: Decreased by 45% (11 to 6 blocks). Greatest decrease in blocks in Northeastern Highlands.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S3B; S3N
- Other atlases: NY: 14%; ON: 61%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is in the southeastern edge of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Irruptive species. Decline may not reflect real change in core population.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds