- Status in VT: Decreased by 8% (176 to 162 blocks). Greatest decreases in Taconic Mountains.
- Data from other research: FBMP: significant annual decrease of 4.6%.
- Conservation status: State rank S5B
- Other atlases: NY: -14%; PA: -26%; ON: no change
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Maturation of forests.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:No specific recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds