- Status in VT: Increased by 4% (160 to 166 blocks). Greatest increase in Northeastern Highlands.
- Data from other research: FBMP: 6.8% (P < 0.01)
- Conservation status: State rank S5B; S5N
- Other atlases: NY: 3%; PA: 13%; MD: 44%; ON: 20%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Adjust well to human presence (?); maturation of forest.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds