- Status in VT: Increased by 11% (123 to 137 blocks). Greatest increase in Northeastern Highlands.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S5B
- Other atlases: NY: 13%; PA: 76%; MD: 14%; ON: stable
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Adapted well to suburban areas.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds