- Status in VT: Decreased by 1% (178 to 177 blocks). Decrease in Northern Green Mountains.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S5B
- Other atlases: NY: 4%; PA: 26%; MD: 142%; ON: -17%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Minimal change. Possible threats: competition with starlings for nest sites; toxic burdens of chemicals; loss of foraging habitat as mature forest replaces early successional stages.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds