- Status in VT: Increased by 50% (10 to 15 blocks). Greatest increase in Southern Green Mountains.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S3B; SSC; SGCN-M
- Other atlases: NY: 15%; PA: 16%; ON: 33% (south); 100% (north)
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Use of recordings during second Atlas (?)
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:Standardized surveys.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds