- Status in VT: Increased by 69% (28 to 81 blocks). Greatest increase in Taconic Mountains.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S3B, S3N
- Other atlases: NY: 68%; MD: 50%; ON: 68%; PA:-18%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Population continues to rebound due to: protection from shooting, banning of some pesticides, well-stocked feeders.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds