- Status in VT: No change (2 to 2 blocks).
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S2B; SGCN-H; E
- Other atlases: NY: 26%; PA: 38%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is on the eastern of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Minimal change.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: Generally breeds in VT late in season after breeding elsewhere first. Maintain large, undisturbed, wet, grass-based fields through late August; limit mowing until after 1 September.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds