- Status in VT: No change in number of blocks (42). Increase in Northern Green Mountains (133%), decrease in Southern Vermont Piedmont and Taconic Mountains (each 100%).
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S4B
- Other atlases: NY: -6%; ON: declines in south, increases in north
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is at the southern edge of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: No change.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:Targeted monitoring may help to identify reasons for decline in eastern populations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds