- Status in VT: Increased by 17% (6 to 7 blocks). Greatest increases in Northeastern Highlands.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank SNA
- Other atlases: MD, NY, ON, and PA: sharp declines
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is at the northern edge of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Exotic species mostly dependent upon regular release or escape of birds into wild.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: No specific recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds