- Status in VT: Decreased by 2% (177 to 174 blocks). Greatest decrease in Northeastern Highlands.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S5B
- Other atlases: NY: -2%; PA: -1%; MD: 2%; ON: -22%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is in the southeastern edge of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Forest succession (?).
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds