- Status in VT: Decreased by 100% (9 to 0 blocks). Greatest decrease in blocks in Champlain Valley.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S1B; SSC
- Other atlases: NY: -75%; PA: -46%; ON: -64%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is at the northeastern edge of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Snag removal, encroachment of forest into open areas (?).
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds