- Status in VT: Increased by 193% (14 to 41 blocks). Greatest increases in Northern Vermont Piedmont and Southern Green Mountains.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S4B
- Other atlases:NY: 220%; MD: 7%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT lies within the northeastern corner of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Maturation of pines since mid-20th century; population increases in neighboring states.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: Stewardship of pine forest habitats to maintain open understory.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds