- Status in VT: Decreased by 33% (15 to 10 blocks). Decreases throughout the state.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S3B; S4N
- Other atlases: NY: 1%; PA: 37%; ON: decline.
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Outbreaks of disease (e.g., salmonellosis) (?).
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds