- Status in VT: Decreased by 89% (19 to 2 blocks). Greatest decreases in Northern Vermont Piedmont, Southern Vermont Piedmont, and Southern Green Mountains.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S1B
- Other atlases: NY, ON: pronounced increases
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is on the southern edge of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Unclear, given increases in nearby states and in BBS data; early- to mid-successional species negatively affected by forest maturation (?).
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:Targeted surveys to determine true population status.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds