- Status in VT: Increased by 1% (176 to 177 blocks). Increase in Champlain Valley.
- Data from other research: FBMP: no sig. trend
- Conservation status: State rank S5B
- Other atlases: NY: 9%; PA: 14%; ON: -22% in southern portion of province.
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Continued increase in mature forestland preferred by the species (?).
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds