- Status in VT: Increased by 400% (0 to 4 blocks). Greatest increase in Champlain Valley.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S2B
- Other atlases: NY: 74%;PA: 96%; ON: increase
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the northeastern corner of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Increase in early-successional habitat in the past, and increase in suburban environments more recently, both following farmland abandonment (?).
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds