- Status in VT: Decreased by 100% (5 to 0 blocks). Previously occurred in Champlain Valley and Northern Vermont Piedmont.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S1B
- Other atlases: NY: -71%; ON: -23%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is at the southeastern edge of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Sparse breeder with population core in Prairie Pothole Region; change in agricultural practices including early mowing regimes.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: No specific recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds