- Status in VT: Decreased by 26% (42 to 31 blocks). Greatest decrease in Northeastern Highlands and Taconic Mountains.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S4B
- Other atlases: NY: 10%; PA: 20%; MD 3%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is in the northeastern corner of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Succession of fallow, shrub-dominated land into forest.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds