- Status in VT: Increased by 53% (74 to 113 blocks). Greatest increases in Northern Vermont Piedmont and Northern Green Mountains.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S5
- Other atlases: NY and ON: significant northward expansion; PA: 138%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is near the northern edge of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas:Proliferation of winter feeding stations; warming climate; increased habitat availability with urbanization.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: No specific recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds