- Status in VT: Reported more than 50 times since 1985 and annually since 1993. Breeding documented in 1993 at Lake Arrowhead in Franklin County.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank: Not ranked in VT.
- Other atlases: NY: 87%; MD: 216%; PA: 361%; ON: sig. increase.
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is disjunct from the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: No change.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: Control of captive populations through: prohibition of establishment of wild populations, requirement that captive birds be pinioned, and prohibition of sale and importation.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds