- Status in VT: Increased by 17% (149 to 175 blocks). Greatest increase in Northeastern Highlands.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S4B; S5N
- Other atlases: NY: 9%; PA: 7%; MD: 2%; ON (Southern Shield): 71%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Increase in ON attributed to milder winters and more bird feeders.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds