- Status in VT: Increased by 9% (22 to 24 blocks). Greatest increases in Northern Vermont Piedmont and Southern Vermont Piedmont.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S4B
- Other atlases: NY: 5%; PA: -31%; ON: no sig. change
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is on the northeastern edge of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Wetlands inhabited by Marsh Wren have been subjected to regulatory protection.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds