- Status in VT: Increased by 121% (70 to 155 blocks). Greatest increases in Northeastern Highlands and Northern Green Mountains. Expanded distribution into northeastern VT.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S4B; S5N
- Other atlases: NY: 27%; PA: 5%; MD: 14%; ON: 16%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Diverse diet, habitat generalist; still expanding from past supplemental feeding, releases, and agricultural expansion.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds