- Status in VT: Decreased by 4% (46 to 44 blocks). Greatest decrease in Southern Green Mountains. Increased distribution to northeastern VT.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S4B
- Other atlases: NY: -21%; PA: 29%; MD: 2%; ON: no change
- VT’s role in North American range: VT lies within the northeastern corner of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Adverse impacts of acid deposition and hemlock wooly adelgid on habitat in Appalachian Mountains (?).
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds