- Status in VT: Decreased by 100% in Champlain Valley (1 to 0 blocks). Little breeding data exists in VT.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S1B; SGCN-M
- Other atlases: NY: -41%; PA: 17%; ON: High occupancy turnover.
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the southeastern edge of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Species so seldom reported, no reliable assumptions can be made about changes in abundance or distribution.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:Provision of clearings for foraging.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds