- Status in VT: Decreased by 31% (39 to 27 blocks). Greatest decrease in Southern Vermont Piedmont.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S4B
- Other atlases: NY: -13%; ON: 46%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is at the southeastern edge of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Maturation of forests bordering streamside willow thickets (?).
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:Protect local populations by maintaining their habitat in an early successional state.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds