- Status in VT: Increased by 6% (158 to 168 blocks). Greatest increase in Northeastern Highlands.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S5B
- Other atlases: NY: -1%; PA: 4%; ON: no sig. change
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Increase in the northeastern portion of the state accurately mirrors predicted expansion in this species’ distribution due to climate change.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds