- Status in VT: Increased by 387% (15 to 73 blocks). Greatest increases in Northern Green Mountains and Southern Green Mountains.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank SNA
- Other atlases: NY: 19%; PA: 3%; MD: 28%; ON: 60%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Habitat generalist with high reproductive potential that has successfully utilized an underexploited niche.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: No specific recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds