- Status in VT: Decreased by 42% (12 to 7 blocks). Decreases in Northern Green Mountains and Champlain Valley.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S2B; S5N
- Other atlases: NY: -37%; PA: 26%; MD: 5%; ON: significant decrease
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is south of the southern edge of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Loss of croplands and pasture due to farm abandonment and development.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: No specific recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds