- Status in VT: Decreased by 33% (57 to 38 blocks). Greatest decrease in Taconic Mountains.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S3
- Other atlases: NY: -18%; PA: 28%; ON: -40% (southern regions).
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Maturation of forests.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:Targeted, long-term monitoring in order to provide a more accurate index of population trend in VT.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds