- Status in VT: Has been observed with increasing regularity in Champlain Valley. Breeding first confirmed in 2004 and again in 2010 at Missisquoi NWR.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S1B
- Other atlases: NY: 59%; PA: 228%
- VT’s role in North American range: Breeding occurs sporadically on Champlain Islands.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: No change.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds