- Status in VT: Continues to be a rare breeder on Champlain Islands; first breeding record in 1983. Young Island regularly supports three nesting pairs.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S1B; S5N
- Other atlases: NY: -6%; ON: no change
- VT’s role in North American range:Population is dispersed along Atlantic coast and inland as far as the Great Lakes, including the Champlain Islands.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: No change.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds