- Status in VT: Decreased by 7% (15 to 14 blocks). Greatest decreases in Northeastern Highlands and Northern Green Mountains.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S3B; SSC; SGCN-H
- Other atlases: NY: -53%; PA: -61%; MD:-65%; ON: -65%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Forest maturation; parasitism by Brown-headed Cowbird (?); genetic swamping by Blue-winged Warbler (?).
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: Mechanical treatments to set back woody succession; habitat restoration; population monitoring.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds