- Status in VT: Decreased by 9% (99 to 90 blocks). Greatest decrease in Champlain Valley.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S5B
- Other atlases: NY: 13%; PA: 105%; ON: 47%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is in the southeastern corner of the eastern breeding range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Decrease of mature spruce-fir acreage.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds