- Status in VT: Primarily a migrant. Continues to be a rare breeder in Champlain Valley. Slight increase since first Atlas.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S1B
- Other atlases: NY: 1%; PA: 100% (2 to 4 blocks).
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is disjunct from the breeding range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Minimal change. Prospects look good for continued growth of population.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:Enhance suitable breeding habitat by delaying mowing in vicinity of potential breeding sites past mid-summer.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds