- Status in VT: Increased by 105% (41 to 84 blocks). Greatest increase in Southern Vermont Piedmont.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S5B; S4N
- Other atlases: NY: 44%; ON: -30%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is on the southern edge of the eastern part of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Increase in number of feeder stations in the Northeast.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds