- Status in VT: Increased by 1% (138 to 139 blocks).
- Data from other research: FBMP: annual increase of 6.7%.
- Conservation status: State rank S5B; S5N
- Other atlases: NY: 23%; PA: 31%; MD: occupancy nearly doubled; ON: little change;
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Forest bird that has benefited from reforestation of formerly agricultural lands.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: No specific recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds