- Status in VT: Increased by 353% (17 to 77 blocks). Greatest increase in Southern Green Mountains.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S4B; S5N
- Other atlases: NY: 125%; PA: 148%; ON: no sig. change.
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is in the southeastern edge of the breeding range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Increase in forestland and availability of nest sites near water (?).
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds