- Status in VT: No reports in the first Atlas. Five Confirmed records in the second Atlas.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S2B
- Other atlases: NY: 200%; PA: 867%; ON: 80%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is on the easternmost edge of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Influx from western populations; availability of suitable habitat resulting from farm abandonment.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:Conservation easements on grasslands allowing time for shrubs to become established.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
No Species Account Available
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds