- Status in VT: Rare breeder on Lake Champlain islands. First breeding record in Vermont in 2000.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S1B
- Other atlases: NY: increased from 3 to 5 blocks; ON: population expanding
- VT’s role in North American range:Population is widely dispersed, particularly along the Atlantic coast.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Minimal change. Population seems to be slowly increasing on Lake Champlain islands in both NY and VT.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
No Species Account Available
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds