- Status in VT: No records were documented during either Atlas. One breeding event was documented in 1970; sporadic non-breeding summer records occur; wintering populations are moderate.
- Data from other research: No additional data in VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S4N
- Other atlases: NY: Probable breeder during first Atlas, no records during second; PA: 7 observations during second Atlas, but no breeding evidence.
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is disjunct from the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: No change.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: No specific recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds